Implant Dentures – Dallas, TX
Slippage-Free Replacement Teeth
If you’ve lost all of your upper and/or lower teeth, chances are you’re all too familiar with how frustrating it makes numerous day-to-day tasks. Eating a nutritious diet, speaking clearly, and feeling unashamed of your smile become nearly impossible with such extensive tooth loss. Although modern dentures can help, they’re not as reliable as they should be. That’s why our dentists at Daily Smiles Dental often recommend implant dentures in Dallas for added stability and comfort. Contact us today to learn more about how you can enjoy slippage-free replacement teeth with implant dentures!
Why Choose Daily Smiles Dental for Implant Dentures?
- Flexible Dental Financing Options Available
- Partnered with Local Dental Implant Specialists
- Lifelike Prosthetics That Are Built to Last
What Are Implant Dentures?
Whereas traditional dentures rest on your gums and are secured with natural suction or adhesive, implant dentures are attached to dental implants – prosthetic tooth roots that are embedded in the jawbone. As a result, they’re just as sturdy as the pearly whites you used to have.
The two main kinds of implant dentures are:
Fixed/Permanent Implant Dentures
An implant denture can be fixed in place so that only a dental professional can detach it from the implants. Typically, a permanent implant denture can be brushed and flossed like natural teeth, and they require four to eight implant posts in most cases.
Removable Implant Dentures
Like the name suggests, a removable implant denture can be taken out of your mouth at any time (while the implants remain in your jaw). This solution is ideal for patients with lower jawbone density – since it usually needs between two and five implants for support – as well as those who are already accustomed to removing their denture for cleaning.
The Implant Denture Process
The process of getting an implant denture is lengthier and more involved than that of a regular denture, but let us be the first to assure you that the wait is worth it in the end! The specifics can vary from patient to patient, but the implant denture process usually includes the following phases:
- Meeting with your implant dentist in Dallas for a consultation.
- Performing any prep work that might be necessary before dental implant placement (bone grafting, tooth extractions, etc.).
- Having the implants surgically placed by a specialist.
- Waiting for three to six months for your jawbone to form a bond the implants.
- Affixing small attachments on top of the implants, which will secure the denture.
- Designing, creating, and placing your final denture.
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentures?
The majority of generally healthy adults can be candidates for implant dentures, especially those who are frustrated with their current dentures. If you’re missing most or all of your teeth, you can likely become eligible, even if you need one or more preliminary treatments first. The ideal candidate for dental implants in Dallas will:
- Have a strong, healthy jawbone.
- Be free of gum disease, tooth decay, or other untreated oral health concerns.
- Be well enough to undergo minor oral surgery.
- Commit to maintaining good oral hygiene following the placement of their implants.
Benefits of Combining Dentures & Dental Implants
As many of our patients can tell you, implant dentures are superior to conventional prosthetics in nearly every way. For instance, implant dentures:
- Don’t slip out of place and irritate your gums.
- Allow you to chow down on basically any food.
- Prevent the jawbone loss that normally happens after teeth go missing.
- Look and feel almost exactly like your natural teeth.
- Can last for 30+ years, helping you save more time and money overall compared to traditional dentures that need to be replaced every seven to ten years.